Wednesday 17 April 2013

Week 2 - Placement 3


For the first hour of the day I was on pool bank duty with another lifeguard Lorna. We did a pool read test of the chlorine in the pool and cleaned out the "Dolphin" machine that cleans out the pool. 

At around 9:00 I set up the hall in the sports center for the circuits class. I brought all of the weights, medicine balls and aerobic balls from the gym into the hall and set them up. Afterwards I set up the canteen for the "Fit for life group" for 9:30. 

I cleaned up all of the dishes from the Fit for life group once they were finished and I put back all of the gym equipment after the circuits class was over. 

Once I had finished all of this Ursea explained to me what I task I would be working on for the remainder of the day. Stewarts Sports Center are offering a promotional deal to all their members and adult swimming classes. They will be given a free family pass to the pool for a day and a free workout in the gym in order to promote the Sports Center to the general public. Each member will  be issued with a card for each gift/prize. I had to make the expiration date and the ID number of the car on each individual card. I then had to match and staple the matching ID number of the Workout and Family pass cars together. 

I really enjoyed my day today and loved having the opportunity to speck with some of the patients of Stewarts Hospital. I really like the staff that I am working with they are all very helpful, kind and friendly. I am looking forward to next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment