Wednesday 10 April 2013

Week 1 - Placement 3


Today I met with one of the junior managers of the leisure center, Ursula. She gave me a timetable for me for the day. She also introduced me to some of the workers. 


For the first hour I was working with Dan on pool bank duty. He showed me how to test the chlorine in the water and how to document it each hour. We had to clean out the "Dolphin" machine for cleaning the pool. 

At 9:00 I set up the canteen for the "Fit for life group". I made teas and coffee's. Once this was all set up I was back on pool bank duty with Micheal. I had to take out all of the ropes out of the pool and set up for the next open swimming session. Afterwards, I had to go to the kitchen and wash the dishes from the "Fit for life group". 

At 10:00 to 10:15 I had a small break in the canteen with another girl on work experience. From 10:30 to 11:30 the patients from different Stewards centers around the area came to use the pool. I helped bring them in and was on pool bank duty with Niall and Dan for the entire session. I had to help them work the wheelchair lift into the pool and bring out all of the equipment used. I also had to take a chlorine test every hour. 

From 12:00 to 12:45 a primary school came for a swimming lesson. I set up all of the ropes and equipment for the session and cleaned up afterwards. 

At 12:45 to 1:15 I had lunch in the canteen. From 1:15 to 2:00 I was on pool bank rota again with Elaine for an open swimming session. 

I finished work at 2:00 and got the bus home.

No comments:

Post a Comment